What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of studying MBBS in China?
by admin | December 6, 2019 2:36 pm
MBBS in China is amongst the most demanded destinations by Indian students because of several reasons. However, the current situation is not very favourable when it comes to the success rate of Indian students after studying MBBS in China.
About the infrastructure, China has universities which rank among the top 500 in the world. Also, China is vastly advanced. To study in China, a student does not have to shell out a large amount of money as the cost of studying and living in China is not too high. China is close to India and is the only country which comes close to India in terms of its population; hence, the large inflow of patients.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in China
- No Capitation fee or Donation is required: In China, unlike India, students can get admissions in reputed colleges without having to pay capitation fee or donations to the educational institution.
- Low cost of Tuition Fee: For pursuing MBBS in China the universities that are approved by MCI are government-funded and hence, their cost of tuition fee is very low unlike certain private institutions in India that charge INR 2.5 to 4.5 Lakhs per year.
- Cost of Living: The cost of living in China is somewhat similar to the cost of living in India which ranges from INR 7,000-10,000 per month.
- The Degree recognised all around the world: The MBBS in China degree issued by universities are approved by WHO and various other medical councils all over the world, enabling a student to work anywhere around the globe.
- Huge population gives better opportunities: China has a huge population which gives exposure to the students studying medicine as there is large patient inflow at the affiliated hospitals, which are extremely huge.
- Getting admission is easy: Getting admission to study in China is easy. Unlike colleges in India, it is easier to get admissions at the top-ranked government colleges and medical universities to study MBBS in China. The Visa and admission process is easy and simple, which will further help a student in selecting the University of their choice.
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in China
- FMGE Passing Percentage is very low: FMGE is a screening test that has to be cleared once a student comes back from china after completing their degree. In 2014, 3,935 graduates appeared for the test, and only 352 nearly 8.9% passed the test. Likewise, 3,536 and 3,772 candidates appeared for the test, and only 7.7 % in (2015) and 6.9% in 2016 passed the test respectively.
- Learning the Local Language is mandatory: To study in china, students have to teach Mandarin, which has been ranked as the toughest language in the world. Also, they need to clear the HSK Exam up to HSK-4 level to interact with the patients in the hospital. As per the list on the website of the Medical Council of India, there are only 45 colleges in China that teach in English and have a limited number of seats. More than 200+ colleges are listed for teaching in Mandarin and English language.
- Better options available: a lot of other countries offer MBBS degrees to international students such as Bangladesh which has the highest FMGE passing percentage, Kyrgyzstan is an option for studies with a lower budget. Both of these countries offer good opportunities among others like The Philippines, Russia and Ukraine.
- No real experience: during the internship, international students are not allowed to touch the patients; they are only allowed to observe the process from a distance. The training is performed on dummies and not on dead bodies, which refrains the students from getting practical experience.
When to apply for MBBS in China?
Admissions to study in China, particularly for MBBS close around mid of June for most of the universities and the admissions get over in every university by 1st July. There are limited seats, and most of the students book their seats immediately after getting their results.
Want to study in China? Check out the top universities in China cost, visa details & scholarships for Indian Students at https://studyabroad.shiksha.com/china
- pursuing MBBS in China: https://studyabroad.shiksha.com/china/mbbs-colleges-dc
- https://studyabroad.shiksha.com/china: https://studyabroad.shiksha.com/china
Source URL: https://indiemediamag.com/what-are-the-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-studying-mbbs-in-china/
Copyright ©2021 Indie Media Mag unless otherwise noted.