You probably have stretched your body on a million occasions in this lifetime. Well, excuse the exaggeration, but there is a good reason people do this to keep the blood flow healthy and nerves in place. Some would even visit an osteopathy clinic in the CBD after a long day or during their break. They do this to care for themselves and experience health benefits, to name a few.
There are challenges to this story, and let us explore some patient situations and relevant tips you should know. Learning more about them helps you clear any confusion about getting physical therapy in Singapore.
#1: I CAN NOT FIND A CLINIC FOR MYSELF OR SEEK RECOMMENDATIONS FROM PEOPLE
People struggle with seeking recommendations and exploring options because they are not looking hard enough for an osteopathy clinic in Raffles Place or anywhere in the CBD. It is not to blame everyone. Here are some tips to help you find the clinic that suits your needs.
- Ask family, friends, colleagues, and anyone you know if they have recommendations for an osteopathy clinic in the CBD. They might have something for you.
- Take advantage of search engines and internet browsers. For instance, if you are an athlete and need something that matches that concern, type “sports massage in Singapore” to narrow your options.
- Join online forums, post on your social media for help, and search for nearby businesses on your maps application. Those are a few steps to help you find a physical therapy practitioner and clinic in Singapore.
- If you like going out and taking an adventure, explore malls and nearby business centres because who knows? You might come across a clinic.
#2: I HAVE AN EXISTING ORTHOPAEDIC CONDITION THAT MIGHT NOT ALLOW ME TO GET THESE TREATMENTS
People with orthopaedic conditions are advised not to visit an osteopathy clinic in the CBD or anywhere because their bones and other body parts might worsen. It is not to scare anyone adamant about going to such clinics, but as a warning in case things go wrong.
- Consider asking if the osteopath and physiotherapist in Singapore have gentler techniques. You also talk about whether these things suit your current health condition.
- Consult with your orthopaedic doctor to ask for advice if you can get physical therapy treatments. They know your medical history and other things, and you will get a clear answer for this.
- If it is only simple back pain, then physiotherapy in Singapore might be the answer. But for anything severe and chronic, it would be better to approach a specialist.
#3: I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH WHAT TO WEAR TO THE CLINIC AND THE PROCEDURE
Loosen up and do not worry about this. There is no dress code for visiting a physical therapy clinic in Singapore, but you need to go with something comfortable and easy to wear and remove. Here are some tips to help you find something you like:
- Consider wearing a t-shirt and trousers with the right fit. They are not too tight or loose.
- A physical therapy clinic might allow you to dress down to your underwear. If this seems discomforting to you, feel free to pack a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, or a tank top.
- You can also choose to come to the clinic with the clothes you will wear during the procedure.
- If you are coming to the osteopathy clinic in the CBD after work hours or during breaks, pack other garments to keep your work outfit clean and fresh.
#4: I HAVE WORK ON WEEKDAYS, AND I AM NOT SURE WHEN TO VISIT THE CLINIC
Most people, corporate individuals and those with day jobs, to be exact, struggle with scheduling an appointment at a physical therapy clinic in Singapore. They have many things to do during the weekend and a slim chance of enjoying this relaxing treatment on weekdays. Here are some tips:
- Plan things days or weeks prior. You can always contact an osteopathy clinic in the CBD for early appointments, and they would even appreciate it because of how you helped their schedule.
- Consider your personal and work schedule and the possibility of sudden tasks. Also, if the need arises, tell your immediate supervisor about it.
- After working hours is a good idea if you need more peace of mind than going there during lunch break. You can always pack a change of clothes in your bag.
#5: I ONLY WANT TO TRY ONE SESSION FOR THE EXPERIENCE, AND I AM NOT SURE IF I CAN GO BACK
Sure. If it is only simple back pain, then physiotherapy in Singapore might be the answer, and you can do only one session, depending on your liking. Going back to the osteopathy clinic in CBDis optional, and here are some tips:
- Allot sufficient time because the physiotherapist will do a consultation to know about your medical history and other things. If you are a first-time patient, follow this tip.
- Even if you have no definite plans of going back for a second or third osteopathy procedure at a clinic in the CBD, ask them when you can do this. Who knows? The need might arise shortly.
- It is understandable to be open about this. The doctor would appreciate the transparency about things because they want to know whether to expect you again or not.
#6: I FELT SORE AFTER THE TREATMENT, AND IT SOMEHOW BOTHERS ME
Never worry about this because being sore after going to the osteopathy clinic in the CBDhappens all the time. Expect them for a few hours or a day after treatment. Here are some tips for you:
- The procedure is generally comfortable and safe. You might hear popping or sounds that you have never experienced. However, a physical therapy practitioner ensures everything is in check.
- You can ask them to adjust the treatment to cater to your needs and pain tolerance.
- Feel free to contact your trusted osteopathy and sports massage clinic in Singapore after the treatment if you have queries or concerns.
Are you looking for an osteopathy clinic in Raffles Place? Edge Healthcare is the place to be. Visit their website for more information about their services.