WHAT IS EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN?
People love art. It makes their imagination go wider, relate to it in different ways, and become a reality through art and science called experiential design. The experiential design makes a connection to its viewers through emotion, thoughts, and experience. It is an image made to live.
KINDS OF EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN
Different kinds of experiential design can help to determine the outcome of a project. It makes the developments accurate and matched to each other. Some of them are the following:
- Marketing – this kind of experiential design helps in the launch of a brand or product. Malls and televisions are its central platforms.
- Exhibition design – creates a different environment that portrays or conveys a story to the audience.
- Environmental graphics – different images are made and put together to provide information and message to the viewers.
- Placemaking – landmark creation that shows a whole new environment in the space.
- Entertainment – this kind is for concerts or any events attended by many people.
Knowing the kinds of experiential design will help the interior designers define the task and do them.
EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN ELEMENTS
Retail interior design in Singapore has different elements to ensure the project will open a new world to its viewers and connect to it. These elements will make the senses alive by putting stunning designs and realistic figures altogether.
These are the experiential design elements:
- Signages that provide a good ambience in the environment
- Creating elements and connections for different brands that expand the space graphics that tell a story to the viewers
- Images that put together to create a message and life
- Matching and combining colours
If you want to renovate or design your office, you can ask for the help of interior designers for more ideas and great results.
Exploring people’s imagination get wider because of different techniques used to create an experiential design. Not only that it is available or seen in our environment, but it has also upgraded and still upgrading up to this day first with mobile phones and other gadgets.
Clients can ask for different options, and they can choose from here:
- Holographic installation – animated objects or elements brought to life. This technique is available during concerts, and the cost is expensive.
- Video mapping – this experiential design technique is used in buildings or stages as a portable technique to show some heavy animation.
- Immersive environment – it is used in screens for marketing events to capture the viewer’s attention.
- Interactive – it can be in any size and can be watched on any gadget with a different video format
- Virtual reality – the viewers are in a room with a different reality, digitally-made. Viewers must put on a headset for a whole experience.
In a world where everything is becoming possible, this list of experiential design techniques can become a long list in the future, especially with the help of technology.
Colours give life to everyone. It completes our imagination and makes a difference in how we see the world. These are the representations of each colour:
- Green – this colour is to balance because it can be partnered or mixed with any colour. It shows the life of nature, the environment, and harmony.
- Red – the colour that is generally associated with negative things like danger, fire, and violence. However, it also represents adventure and power.
- Yellow – the colour of sunshine, happiness, and creativity. Its light colour gives warmth to the eyes.
- Blue – this colour represents the sky and the ocean. It indicates calmness, wisdom, and stability.
- White – purity, innocence, cleanliness, and simplicity. These are just some of the words to describe this perfect colour.
Colour also gives meaning to retail interior design because of its significance. There are many colours out there that were not on the list, but these five hold exceptional places in everyone’s eyes. That might be the reason why people have their favourite colours.The experiential design creates a path and connection to the environment and the people through art, giving away some feelings and creating memories with what they see. It is also a factor that the client knows about the project and how they can relate it to their business or plan.
WHAT DOES AN EXHIBITION BOOTH DESIGNER DO?
To execute a good relationship with the client, an exhibition booth designer must coordinate with the client regarding the concepts and ideas for the design and theme of the experiential design. They will gather the information and options that fit the project.
Content creation is the first job of an exhibition booth designer. An impression artist and a graphic stylist work together in conceptualising and idea gathering. They pitch ideas based on what the client needs.
Drawing and designing are the next steps after the concept finishes. The Creative Director will oversee the project designs and designers that will do the graphic design, 3D modelling, and technical drawing.
BRINGING THE IDEA INTO REALITY
After they finish the final design, they will already start bringing it to life. Every carpentry and metal works take place in this phase. The client must visit this step from time to time to check if the product fits their needs.
MANAGING THE PROJECT
This step shows the retail interior design. All planning, permits, contractors, and setup happens here. You will see all the final products and beautiful designs that will surely suit the audience.The job of an exhibition booth designer is not easy. One mistake and all of the efforts might go to waste. But as artistic as they are, for sure, they will find a way to satisfy every audience’s needs.The client and the exhibition booth designer must always keep a good relationship between them because it can affect the results and performance of the event. But, the only people who can see it are their audience and viewers.
If you are looking for an exhibition company in Singapore, visit Dezign Format’s website and see the services they offer.